The ITS Info-communications Forum continues to contribute to the realization of world's most safe, environment - friendly and economical road traffic society by utilizing Information and Communication Technologies.
Toppage > About Forum > Brief Introduction
(1) To promote the R&D and standardization of communications technologies that are the key to the successful introduction of ITS.
(2) To provide a forum that encourages and promotes the exchange of R&D and standardization information regarding ITS among related organizations.
(3) To promote the smooth development of all aspects of ITS.
(1) Conduct investigations and studies regarding R&D and standardization of communications systems for ITS.
(2) Liaise and coordinate with organizations related to and/or involved in the development of communications systems for ITS.
(3) Increase the understanding of ITS among the general public.
Membership (Nearly 100 members)
Industrial: Automobile manufacturers, Telecommunications equipment manufacturers, Telecommunications carriers, Broadcasting companies, Etc.
Governmental Agencies: Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications; National Police Agency; Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry; Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
Board of directors
Chairman Shinichi SASAKI
(Advisor & Senior Technical Executive, TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION, Chairman of ITS Japan)
Vice-chairman Mitsutoshi HATORI
(Professor Emeritus University of Tokyo)
Auditor Yuji KAMIYA
(Executive Officer, Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc. )
ARIB (Association of Radio Industries and Businesses)